FUNDING: Grants of £10,000 Available for Capital Projects Benefiting Disadvantaged People (UK)
10 June 2019
The Clothworkers Foundation awards grants to UK registered charities, CICs, and other registered UK not-for-profit organisations (including special schools). The Open Grants Programme is for organisations with a gross annual income of less than £250,000.
Grants are awarded towards capital projects and may cover the cost of:
- Buildings: Purchase, construction, renovation or refurbishment.
- Fittings, Fixtures, and Equipment: Including (but is not limited to) office equipment/furniture, sports/gym equipment, digital/audio visual equipment, garden equipment, specialist therapeutic (excluding medical) equipment.
- Vehicles: Including a minibus, car, caravan, people-carrier, or 4X4 (new vehicles are unlikely to be funded).
Grants of up to £10,000 are available with the average amount being £7,000. Large and small projects can be funded, the size of grant awarded will depend on a number of factors including the size of the applicant organisation and the cost and scale of the capital project. The total cost of the project must be less than £100,000.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate that the work of the organisation fits within one or more of the Foundations programme areas which are:
- Alcohol & substance misuse
- Disadvantaged minority communities
- Disadvantaged young people
- Domestic & sexual abuse
- People with disabilities
- Visual impairment
At least 50% of service users benefiting from the capital project must be from one or more of these groups. Application Guidance and a list of exclusions can be found on the website.
More info: Clothworkers Foundation