Code of Practice
As a membership organisation the relationship between SMN as an entity and its members is governed by the following Code of Practice/Conduct:
The Scottish Mentoring Network will:
- Distribute relevant information to all members
- Allocate all contracts for services in accordance with agreed SMN policy
- Provide access to financial information
- Preserve confidentiality of market sensitive information
- Consult members on strategic direction
- Ensure directors are representative of the organisations which we serve
- Ensure directors are competent, capable, prudent and committed.
Members of the Scottish Mentoring Network will:
- Promote the concept of mentoring
- Inform and actively support the strategic and operational direction of the network
- Identify and bring to the network examples of Best Practice
- Contribute to the sharing of information
- Adhere to the requirements of individual contracts
- Protect the integrity of individual relationships
- Advise on initiatives impacting on the network positively or otherwise
- Keep SMN updated about any changes within your project, for example changes to key contact information or project description
If any member is found to be in breach of this Code of Practice, SMN will seek to enter into a discussion with a representative of the organisation to mitigate the behaviour.
The complete membership policy can be downloaded here.