Member News: Quarriers Recruiting Volunteer Mentors
23 April 2018
Quarriers is searching for volunteer mentors to work with children and young people in its intandem mentoring service across Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire.
Quarriers is one of 13 charities from across Scotland selected to roll out intandem, a project funded by Scottish Government and delivered by Inspiring Scotland.
intandem provides support via a mentoring programme to some of Scotland’s most vulnerable children aged between eight and 14 who live at home and are subject to local authority supervision.
Quarriers will provide on-going training and support for volunteers to ensure they have the appropriate skills to make a real and lasting difference to the lives of children who need it the most.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
The Volunteer Mentor will work with young people who are looked after at home, building a trusting relationship, improving their chances in life and promoting the wellbeing of every child.
- Working in a person centred way with young people
- Providing opportunities for young people to participate in meaningful activities
- Promote the wellbeing of every child through creative and fun approaches
- Communicating and linking with the intandem mentor coordinator on a regular basis.
- Working as part of a team as well as on your own.
REQUIRED SKILLS, QUALITIES & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge and experience of working with children and young people
- Ability to engage & build a positive relationship with children & young people
- Reliable, Trusting and Supportive
- Have fun and enjoy
If you would like to get involved and help to deliver this valuable service, Quarriers is looking to recruit volunteer mentors for children across Falkirk, Stirling and Clackmannanshire. Applicants should be over 18 years of age.