SMN: Treasurer Vacancy on SMN Board of Directors
28 October 2019
Scottish Mentoring Network is looking for a Treasurer!
Type of Role: Board of Directors
Closing Date: 8th November 2019
Scottish Mentoring Network is seeking a voluntary Board Member to join the Board of Directors in the role of Treasurer. This person will have significant experience in financial planning and management and would be able to fulfil the duties required of a Trustee on a Board of Directors. SMN is seeking a Treasurer who can act in accordance with the OSCR Guidance and Good Practice for Charity Trustees (particularly section 5 on Charity Finances).
The treasurer would be required to:
- Monitor the administration of SMN’s finances
- Assist the Chair and the Chief Executive in ensuring that the Board of Trustees/Directors fulfils its duties and responsibilities for the proper financial governance of SMN;
- Over-see SMN’s management of its financial risks, as outlined in the Risk Register
- Scrutinise all financial accounts and related reports from the Chief Executive and report to the Board;
- Signing off SMN bank reconciliations and management accounts
- Advise SMN’s Board on financial matters;
- Prepare, in conjunction with the Chief Executive, the Trustee’s Annual Report for the annual accounts;
- Act as a counter-signatory on cheques and other banking transactions, as appropriate;
- Liaise with the appointed accountant/auditor, as required;
- Ensure that SMN complies with its regulatory and statutory obligations in respect of its finances.
About Scottish Mentoring Network
Scottish Mentoring Network has been in existence since 1997 originally as an informal grouping of individuals and organisations interested in mentoring.
Since then, the number of organisations involved in mentoring has increased dramatically, as has the range of provision across all sectors. Our local and thematic networking events enable members to share best practice and make connections, and our website allows members to have their own profile for their mentoring project. We have developed a Project Quality Award and Training courses which help our members to undertake continued development of their mentoring practice and demonstrate that their project meets the Quality Practices detailed in the SMN Good Practice Guide.
SMN continues to develop products and services for our members and strives to support mentoring projects across all sectors in Scotland through raising awareness of the impact of high quality mentoring on life chances and influencing the development of policy, practice and resources.
How to Apply
If you are interested in this post and would like more information, please contact Scottish Mentoring Network on 0141 559 5009 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. A role description and person specification can be downloaded from the link below. To apply, please send a CV and covering letter detailing how you meet the requirements by the closing date to be considered for this role.
If you would like to send your application to us by post then please send to:
Scottish Mentoring Network
3rd Floor, Brunswick House
51 Wilson Street,