News: Creative Mentoring Opportunity
25 July 2017
The Scottish Book Trust is now accepting applications for a mentoring opportunity for published writers to be mentored by an experienced writer or industry professional in 2018.
The Scottish Book Trust's mentoring programme provides writers with a sustained period of support devoted to developing a particular project, helping them make difficult transitions, achieve significant breakthroughs, and overcome challenges.
The programme is for published writers or working creators who have made significant headway with a project and are looking for support to complete it. The programme supports early career writers as well as writers with a long publication history who are looking to approach new subject areas and genres, grow artistically, and develop professionally.
Potential applicants could be:
- An illustrator looking to write a novel
- A poet who would like to develop work for the radio
- A published novelist in need of a breakthrough to progress with a second novel
- An experienced fiction author writing creative non-fiction for the first time
- A writer who would like to adapt work for film or television
- A Gaelic writer developing a manuscript in English
- A graphic novelist working on a screenplay
- A writer for adults creating work for children
- A playwright working on a novel
Applications are also welcome from performance poets, spoken-word artists, and other writers who would benefit from dedicated support and guidance from experienced mentors.
Application forms can be downloaded from the Scottish Book Trust website where full eligibility criteria is available also. The deadline for receipt of applications is midday on Wednesday 13 September 2017 and shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview on Friday 3 November 2017.