Scottish Mentoring Network (SMN) needs to gather and use certain information about individuals to enable us to carry out our core business.
The individuals we gather information on include members, customers, suppliers, business contacts, employees, volunteers and other stakeholders.
This notice outlines how this personal data will be collected, handled and stored to comply with our data protection standards and the Data Protection Act (1998) and the General Data Protection Regulation (2018).
Scottish Mentoring Network is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office as a Data Controller, Reference: Z9839716.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and maintaining the security of your personal information. The purpose of this privacy notice is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
Purposes for which personal data is held and processed
SMN holds your personal data for the following purposes:
- To manage your membership and / or network participation.
- To manage your rights under our Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- To manage your access to our services and member benefits
- To manage your access to our events, networks and communications.
- Forwarding details to specific third party partners / advisers / other members only when requested by you (e.g. in relation to our events, services, programmes, or requests for professional advice / support).
- Sending you information we believe may be of interest to you.
- Seeking information about you / your organisation / your views.
We may use third party suppliers’ systems to process your data on our behalf (eg cloud based IT networks and CRM systems) on a fully confidential basis. We will not sell your data, share it with other third parties without your permission and we promise to keep it safe and secure.
You have the right to object to this processing. If you wish to do so let us know at email@example.com.
SMN processes data for purposes 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 on the basis of legitimate interest.
SMN processes data for purposes 7 and 8 the basis of explicit data subject consent.
You have the right to ask us not to contact you or withdraw your consent at any time.
You have the right to obtain details of the personal information we hold about you by making a subject access request in accordance with the DPA or GDPR. After 25 May 2018 we may only charge a reasonable fee where the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive.
You have the right to have your personal information rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete. You have the right in specific circumstances to have your personal information deleted. You have the right in specific circumstances to restrict the processing of your personal information.
You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal information will be kept safe and secure. We will not transfer your personal details to any third party for the purpose of direct marketing.
If you provided your details through our website then David Kelly Design Office, who hosts and maintains our website, will have access to your details on a fully confidential basis.
We shall retain your information in accordance with the timelines outlined in the SMN Data Protection Policy.
We may, from time to time, send you correspondence that contain links to and from other websites. If you follow a link to any of these other websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Links to other websites
A cookie is a small file of letters and number that we may store on your browser or your internet enabled device. Cookies cannot be used to identify you personally.
Cookies are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested; and
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast
Types of cookies used on our website
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Session cookie – this type of cookie allows websites to link the actions of a user during a browser session so that the website is able to store certain information whilst the user is browsing the site.
- Third party cookies – these are cookies that are not set by SMN but are instead set by a third party. The third party cookies on the site are set by Google Analytics. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Site and volumes of usage. This is to ensure that the service is available when you want it and fast.
If you have any questions, comments or requests regarding your personal information or are unhappy with how we handle your personal information you can contact us at email@example.com or call 0141 559 5009.