Generations Working Together National Conference and Recognition Awards 2018
2 February 2018
The Generations Working Together National Conference 2018 is taking place at the University of Strathclyde's Technology and Innovation Centre in Glasgow on Wednesday 7 March 2018.
The theme of the event is “Safer, fairer, more successful communities – Celebrating the Year of Young People 2018”.
Speakers at the conference will include:
- Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Childcare and Early Years
- Susan Langford MBE, Director of Magic Me - Connecting Generations
- Ewan Fisher, Business Analyst and GWT Trustee
A variety of workshops will be on offer and delegates have the opportunity to gain seven hours of CPD accreditation for their attendance at the event.
The day will include the presentation of the 2018 GWT Recognition Awards and the deadline for nominations has been extended until midnight on Monday 12 February 2018. The awards celebrate and recognise the outstanding talent, commitment and inspirational involvement of workers, volunteers and groups which promote Intergenerational activities.
There are five award categories:
- New Intergenerational Project (Less than 12months)
- Established Intergenerational Project (Greater than 1 year)
- Outstanding volunteer contributing to intergenerational work
- Building successful partnerships through intergenerational work
- Yvonne Coull Local Network Coordinators Award
Eligible applicants must be from within the Scottish Network Areas and are open to charitable, voluntary and community groups or public sector organisations