Our 2013 Recognition Awards were held as part of our Annual National Event at The Old Sheriff Court in Glasgow on Thursday 14th November 2013. The awards were presented by SMN Chair Jacqueline Thomas.
The SMN Project of the Year Award 2013 was presented to Tayside Council on Alcohol for its numerous successful mentoring projects working with young people and offenders.
Category Award Winners were:
- Children’s and Families Award 2013 - One Parent Families Scotland
- Early Intervention Award 2013 - Peeblesshire Youth Trust
- Peer Mentoring for Young People Award 2013 - Xplore Peer Mentoring
- Young People Award 2013 - Move On
Certificates of Continuing Excellent were awarded to:
Highly Commended Project certificates were awarded to:
- Abriachan & Community Challenges, Apex Scotland
- RealLiving Mental Health & Older People's Service, LinkLiving
- Moving Forward Mentoring Scheme, National Autistic Society (Scotland)
- Visually Impaired Mentors, Visibility
Individual Recognition Awards:
- Exceptional Contribution Award 2013 - Callum McKay, Xplore Peer Mentoring
- Exceptional Contribution Award 2013 - Jane Kille, Volunteer Centre Edinburgh
Highly Commended Mentor Certificates went to:
- Chris Murphy, YMCA Kirkcaldy Plusone Mentoring
- Christine McCann, LinkUp & Plusone Mentor, Tayside Council on Alcohol
- Flora Bennet, Move On Mentoring Service
- Janet Prydie, Visually Impaired Mentors, Visibility
- Kirsty Ainsworth, Moving Forward Mentoring Scheme, National Autistic Society (Scotland)
- Paul Beatton, Achieve Your Potential Programme, Peeblesshire Youth Trust
More information on the award winners can be found in the event round up under the 'Resources' section of our website.